Part I. Vocabulary and Structure(60 points)
Directions: In this part, there are 60 incomplete sentences. For each sentence four choices marked
there are A. B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. Then mark the
corresponding ltter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
1. I was just about
_the office when my boss called to see me in the meeting room.
C. to leaving
D. to leave
2. There wasn't anyone in the room at that time,
A. isn't there
B. wasn't there
C. was there
D. is there
3. Walk another block and cross the raffe lights, and you will see the hotel.
4. The twins.
so much alike that I can hardly tell them apart.
C. is looking
D. are looking
. a wonderful trip he had in China!
6. As the old saying goes. it s no use_
your chickens before they are hatched.
B. to count
7. Not until he finished his homework
_him to watch TV in the evening.
A. did his parents allow
B. his parents had alowed
C. his parents allowed
D. had his parents alowved
8. We stll have (wo hours as the plane will not_
_until 10 o'clock.
A. take after
B. take off
C. take away
D. take out
_the different meanings of this word in a dictionary.